1. Contestants must be a resident of Perry County
2. Must be at least 16 years of age, and not over 20 years of age, by June 1, 2018.
3. Contestants under 18 must have the consent of their parent or guardian.
4. Contestants must be single, never married and have no children. Title will be forfeited to first runner-up if the queen gets married or becomes pregnant during her reign.
5. Former winners can NOT compete again.
6. Must be able and willing to attend the State Fair Convention in January and compete in the State Fair Queen competition.
7. Contestants should be interested in agriculture, community fairs
1. Personal Interview, communication skills, interaction with other contestants and the judges.
2. Stage Presence, general poise, appearance and public speaking ability.
3. Written Essay, witting skills, content and general grammar.